Monday, January 19, 2009

Toothpicks

I will be so happy when warmer weather arrives! In frustration after a long day, all I wanted to do was throw in the towel. Instead, I threw some toothpicks on the table and started shooting.

I don't normally like to Photoshop the heck out of images, but my photos of a pile of toothpicks were pretty boring so I started messing around with them in Photoshop. The end result is a black-and-white photo with a "poster edges" filter applied. In the filter screen I used an edge thickness of 6, an edge intensity of 2, and posterization of 3. And this is the final result...

Manual setting: f/5, 1/4 second, ISO 100

2 comments:

  1. I'm just shocked that you threw the pile of toothpicks on the table! So messy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this .. how about you get some of these pictures printed.. sign me up.. I'll buy 10

    Mark P

    ReplyDelete