Saturday, January 3, 2009

A photo a day

A portrait photographer I really admire, Jan Scott, joined a group on Facebook called Project365. The idea is to take a photo a day for the whole year. Easy enough, right? Hah! Mario and I decided to do something similar to that when our children were born - a photo a day. The duration? It started out being "until it gets tiresome". Then we thought, "Maybe just through the first year of the baby's life." But I enjoyed taking the photos so much, and our families and friends enjoyed seeing the photos so much, that we ended up continuing our little project for the first FIVE years of each child's life! By the time Miriam turned five, I had just about had it. Luis was always pretty complacent about having his photo taken, but not Miriam. For probably the last five or six months of her project, Miriam would run in the opposite direction whenever I pulled my camera out. I begged, I pleaded, I bribed, I threatened, I pleaded some more... Then I just started counting down the days to her fifth birthday... I've hardly picked up my camera since that joyous day in November so I figured I needed something to motivate me again to get out there and shoot, shoot, shoot. And this is it. Rather than join a Facebook group - there are so many to choose from! - I decided I'd go the individual-blog route with my little project. And thus begins "My Project 365"...

A note about my equipment... I have a Canon Digital Rebel which was purchased in January 2004, looking to upgrade it SOON! I pretty much exclusively use a 28-135 mm zoom lens. And that's that.

Here's the first photo of 2009 - taken at Kirkwood Park, feeding the geese before the kiddos began to get too crabby because they were sick. Feeling lazy, this was shot with my camera on the Auto setting: f/8.0, 1/250, ISO 100.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you are too sweet! I can't wait to see your daily photos.

    p.s. it's 5:30 and dark and I haven't taken today's photo yet!!

    ReplyDelete