Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fading Apples

Mario and Norma (my mother-in-law) both didn't care for my photo from yesterday - they said I look anguished, and they don't like to see me look that way. Truth be told, after I posted the photo I, too, felt it evoked a sense of despair... In actuality, I was simply trying to hide my face in the self-portrait - there are some days I definitely prefer to be behind the camera!

So tonight I wanted to continue with my low-light/bulb exposure experiments, but I thought I'd try a different subject. I lined up five apples on a black backdrop, and every 5-6 seconds for the first 24 seconds or so of the exposure I removed an apple from the row. The apple on the left remained in place for the entire exposure time. And this was the result...

Manual setting: f/22, 47 seconds, ISO 100

2 comments:

  1. That is very cool! You are so good at these little tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! The disappearing apple. It almost tells a little story like the bright apple was chosen for something while the others are waiting in the wings.

    ReplyDelete