Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fulton, Illinois, is a small town along the Mississippi River with a large Dutch population. An authentic Dutch windmill was shipped over (in pieces) from the Netherlands and assembled on the flood control dike of the river; it was dedicated in 2000. This is one of the arms of the windmill (are they called "arms"?). I like the shapes in this photo...

Manual setting: f/5.6, 1/1250 sec, ISO 100



I took several photos at the river this day, and when it came to deciding which one to post here I just couldn't make up my mind so it's a bonus day with two photos! This is a shot of the riverbank with a bit of the partially frozen river included. The photo was taken late in the afternoon, and I really liked how the setting sun gave such a golden glow to the grasses on the riverbank.

Manual setting: f/5.6, 1/1000 sec, ISO 100

No comments:

Post a Comment